Sunday, August 01, 2004

Scott Cave - 12 hour of GEARS 1st Place

Scott and I had a great weekend. This was our final race in preparation for the 24 hour Solo World Championship in Canada. Scott was in a great battle with Brad Cole from Kansas and attacked while Brad was in the pits changing clothes. Brad gave in after not being able to catch Scott and waited for Scott to come around and rode with him the rest of the race finishing in 2nd place 1 lap down. Hammer and e-caps products were the final key to Scott's victory. I need to start working on my nutrition! I raced well in the 3 hour race doing 1 lap more than my goal but gave up several positions on the last lap because I ran out of gas and couldn't keep up the same pace. I think with better nutrition on my part I could have had a better finish.

Next weekend my brother Mike and I will be competing in a 12 hour solo race in Mankato. Mike is going for the fun of it and my goal is to do at least 12 laps on the Mt. Kato course. This will be more of a "fun" race with Mike and I having a good time together. I'm planning on picking up some Hammer and e-caps from Scott this week for the 12 hour challenge at Mt. Kato.

I'm planning on bringing a lap top computer with to Canada so I can update my blog and keep everyone posted the 2 weeks we are gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home