Monday, July 19, 2004

From Green Man to Bluff Rider

What a busy, but fun weekend racing. It all started Friday @ 10am when Scott Cave and I left for Spirit Mountain in Duluth. We were the first team to arrive and got the prime pit position. We set up our pit area and helped the Red Bull people erect a huge tent. At this point we moved the Gravity Lab truck to the parking lot and were going out to pre-ride the course. While parking the car we met up withTim Norrie, the defending race winner and fellow Gravity Lab racer. He joind us for the pre-ride. Unfortunately I got a front flat tire early into the ride on the first fast down hill and did a huge header, my left shoulder still hurts. We fixed the tire and finished our ride although I was kinda slow. I ended up pitting for Scott and Tim during the race which kept me very busy. Scott also got a flat front tire on lap 2 of the race and crashed. Losing 30 minutes because of the flat tire, Scott stormed back through out the day and finished 8th. Tim had a great day and finished 2nd, although I think he could have won the race.
 
Scott and I left Spirit Mountain after the awards and headed back to his house. We slept for a few hours and left for Mt. Kato in Mankato. I raced my Single Speed and Scott helped me in the pits. I rode a very cautious race because of my shoulder, collecting 4th place points and going home. I currently have a firm grasp on 3rd place in the series points.
 
We pitted next to Jeff Kerkove's pit at the 12 hour race in Duluth. He parents pitted for him, what nice people they are.  This weekend its off to another WORS race, more details to come. I'm gonna bring my Sugar into Gravity Lab tomorrow and have Hollywood fix a few things before this weekend. I'm also gonna have him fix Melissa's front tire and pick up a extra tube. She is gonna race this Sunday too so it will be another nice family weekend, with Sarah taking pictures.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you think he could have won the race?

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

He was the defending race winner so he already proved he could win. Had he not spent so much time in the pits I think he could have won the race. He had a 12+ minute lead early in the race over Ray and gave it all up sitting in the pits. Then he gave up more time sitting in the pits later throughout the race. He wasnt sitting in the pits because he was tired, he just lacked the motivation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home