Sunday, September 26, 2004

MNSCS Awards Party

Last night was the end of the series awards party for the MNSCS. I took 3rd in the Single Speed class so I thought I would attend. The party was at QBP so I also thought the chances of getting some schwag would be good. The night started out with pizza and beverages then everyone was taken, in small groups, on tours of the Quality Bicycle Products facility. Since QBP only sells to dealers it is rare for the public to see their facility so the tour was cool. More pizza was delivered after the tours. Cannondale had their '05 bikes there for people to check out. Erik the bike man was there to hand out the awards. I have to say I was a little disappointed with the awards, the top 3 in points were given a small NORBA medal with a sticker on the back with the class and place. The overall male and female experts got nice hardware. No Schwag except for a few water bottles they threw out at the end. I'll have to see where this series fits into my schedule next year...

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

To heck with that 2 hour racing stuff........join Scott and myself on the darkside and start racing solo 12/24 hour singlespeed! That would be sweeeeeeet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home