Sunday, May 29, 2005

12 Hours of METRO Recap

Sarah, Melissa, Kraig and I left for Franklin, Wi. Friday Around 7am so Kraig and I could get a preride in. It was about a 6 hour drive and we dropped Sarah and Melissa off at the Holiday Inn Express and headed over to Crystal Ridge Ski Area. The course was identical to last year except for a short climb at the top. Having been able to get more riding in the past couple weeks I was looking forward to a better performance. I started out in 3rd and rode at my pace without taking any breaks except for stopping for e-caps, etc. By lap 5 I had taken the lead and continued to lead through lap 11. At the start of lap 12 I was getting tired and made the mistake of sitting down. The guy in second came by and it took me too long to get going and I couldnt catch him. I did 2 more laps for a total of 14 laps and 60 something miles. I took 2nd in the Solo SS class and was happy with my performance. I'm getting better each race. My next race looks to be the Stump Farm 12 hour WEMS race June 11th.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what gearing are you running i did 6 hr solo with 36 18 seemed alittle steep

 

Post a Comment

<< Home