Saturday, June 17, 2006

2 week collage

A couple weekends ago I did the WORS race in Wausau. I thought it would be good to get out there once before 24/9 although the course used for the WORS race is much different than the 24 hour race. I had a good race although I was a little under geared. There was a huge pile-up at the start of my wave but I made it through. The following weekend I did my first WEMS race of the year at John Muir. We arrived at 6am to cold and rain which made it a bit difficult to get motivated . It stopped raining around 8am and was very muddy for the next few hours. The 6 and 3 hour races had huge turn outs. Team New-Mart was well represented: I did the 12 hour, Scott did the 6 hour, and Mike and Wade did the 3 hour. Penn Cycle figured out a way to keep the Thursday night series at Buck Hill going to I grabbed the 29er and headed out. They mowed/cut singletrack in the face of the ski hills and the tree lines seperating the runs. Laps were about 3 miles long. My next race is going to be the 12 Hours of Metro next weekend. I'm also planning on doing the WORS race the following weekend in Eau Claire. I also hope to do a few couple more Buck Hill races as my schedule permits. Good times!

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Are you racing the Blue Mounds 12 hour on July 8th?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home