Monday, November 08, 2004


The Iceman Cometh 2004. This was my first time racing in this event. My goal for the 27 miles was to finish under 3 hours. I finished in 2:45 and in 37th place in my class/age group. This was a race from Kalkaska, Mi. to Traverse City, Mi. The weather was unusually warm resulting in many new records. The first 17 miles were fairly easy with the last 10 miles having a few more climbs. Lots of sand, I need to clean my drivetrain big time. Scott and I have invitations to the Gary Fisher team dinner but we arrived too late on Friday, the drive was very long! On the way home we saw the Nothern Lights while driving west on Hwy 29 through Wisconsin, that was cool. This race has 2000 entrants and starts in waves, Brian Matter was finishing when I started the race. If I do the race next year I'm gonna ride in the Singlespeed class and we are going to take 2 days to get to and from the race. I'm tired.. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Congrats! Put your feet up for a few weeks, then start hitting it hard again for next year! See you on the start line at the 1st or 2nd WEMS race.

I sent this link to Scott. Are you interested?
http://www.ouachitachallenge.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home