Monday, July 04, 2005

Chippewa Valley Firecracker Recap.

Kraig and I decided to check out the WORS/MNSCS combo race this weekend in Eau Claire, Wi. We headed out Sunday around 7am in a rain storm towards Eau Claire. It was still raining when we got there and continued for about another hour and then it was great the rest of the day. We entered the Sport SS class. I ended up being way under geared for this course and had no top speed which was necessary for this course. The SS class was in the first wave of many. I ended up being caught by the next waves which sucked because I would lose time having to move over or stop and finished in 13th out of 19. Kraig had another fine run and took 11th. This type of racing is definitely not my strength but it was a fun event - all out sprint for 15 miles.

I had a trailer hitch installed on the mini van last week. I also bought a used enclosed trailer this weekend so we will be traveling in style from now on. Next weekend the trailer will get its first use on the way to the next WEMS race in Kewaunee, WI. Word is that this is the hardest course on the WEMS schedule.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Jeff Kerkove said...

Just curious as to your plans for the 12 Hours of Winter. Where are ya staying? Pre riding? See ya this weekend yo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home