Sunday, July 17, 2005

WORS Cup Recap.

I was having trouble finding someone to go with me to this race so I was either gonna go solo or not at all. Scott Cave called Friday afternoon around 4:00 and said lets go. I was on the way home from seeing the new Willy Wonka movie with the family. I got home, changed the gearing on my Trek SS for the time trial and packed the van with both SS and my gear. Scott wasnt racing but brought his SS along to get a little riding in. We arrived at Devil's Head Resort around 2am. Since it was already Saturday we asked if we could check-in early for Saturday night. She said OK and we basicly got 2 nights for $75.00. We went directly to bed for the 7am wake up call. Scott slept in while I got up and did one practice run. The downhillers got rides up the hill while us doing the time trial had to ride up. I ended up 2nd in the time rial for my first ever podium at a WORS event. Sunday was HOT for the cross country race. Scott and I got up, had breakfast and I got ready for the race. Scott gave me hand-ups during the race. I didnt have a very good run and ended up 10th. Alot of riders DNFd because of the heat. The left side of my seat rails broke off during the second lap so I had to ride the last 1.5 laps standing up. I need a new Bontrager Race Lite Seat! I was lucky enough to take 2nd in the Sport Single Speed Omnium (for my second WORS podium). All in all Scott and I had a nice weekend away and hopefully his shoulder will heal soon. After doing a couple cross country races the past few weekends, I now more than ever prefer the endurance events!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home