Monday, August 08, 2005

12 Hours of GEARS Recap.

Its unfortunate the 12 hours of GEARS was a week after 24-9, actually not even a full week. My plan was to do 1 lap, get the points, and help Kraig the rest of the day. The course this year was basicaly the same as last year except in reverse direction. Scott won the race last year with something like 34 laps and this year the course seemed faster in this direction. As it ended up, Kraig and I were the only entrants in the SS class. Since we are batteling for the series title, I decided to go as long as I could and see what happened. I ended up riding 7 or 8 hours and doing 14 laps before I couldnt go anymore. When Kraig saw that I had stopped, he did a couple more laps and joined me. Congratulations to Kraigness on his first WEMS win. With 2 races left in the series, Kraig leads me by 8 points. The next race on Sept. 17 is on the same day as the Chequamegon 40. After crunching the numbers, we have decided to do the WEMS race that weekend and skip the 40.

My next race appears to be the 24 Hours of Afton. I will not be going to Whistler since I cant find anyone to go with me. I'm setting Kraig up on a savings plan at New-Mart so he will have the funds to go next year. As far as Afton goes, I'm trying to form a SS Team consisting of me, Kraig, Scott Cave, and Wade McGuire.

Time to rest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home